BullShit Corner
Please size your photos to 640X480. Thank you very much.
Latest topics
» Minnesota Weather
July 8th 2010, 8:52 am by North Star 1

» Good Morning B.S. Corner...
July 8th 2010, 8:42 am by North Star 1

» Ohio Weather
June 6th 2010, 7:32 am by bluegill

» Jaron-pray for you
April 30th 2010, 6:55 pm by North Star 1

» Kid Rock !!!
April 23rd 2010, 6:25 am by bluegill

» 22-Year-Old Bird Island Man Missing Near Redwood Falls
April 15th 2010, 8:29 am by bluegill

» Man dies aiding boy burned in backyard grill fire
April 15th 2010, 8:26 am by bluegill

» Two Gray Wolves Slain in Northern Minn.; Federal Officials Offer $1,000 Reward
April 15th 2010, 8:25 am by bluegill

» Thousands of Dead Fish Cover Lake Shetek; Community Cleans Up
April 15th 2010, 8:23 am by bluegill

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopmotion

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I know were i will be on the 30th.

Go down

I know were i will be on the 30th.

Post by North Star 1 on October 29th 2009, 11:38 am

The food distribution at the Starbuck Community Center will take place on Friday, October 30 from 2-3:30 p.m. or until the food is gone. Food will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis. Anyone who receives food is asked to bring empty boxes or baskets to bring the food home.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food shelf to stop in Starbuck
By Chad Koenen

As unemployment and underemployment rates remain high, West Central MN Communities Action Family Self-Sufficiency Director Kate Ouverson said there is a new group of people who are being forced to turn to alternative options like food shelves to get their basic cooking needs.

The increase in demand, as well as a desire to help people who do not have easy access in their community to food shelves, has led the West Central Minnesota Community Action to sponsor four area food distribution drives on Friday, October 30. The food distribution drives, which will be held in Starbuck, Hoffman, Evansville, and Ashby, will give area residents an opportunity to replenish their kitchen pantry with some much-needed food.

"It's really about helping people supplement food preparation at home," said Ouverson.

Much of the food that will be distributed will provide families with the backbone items to make several meals, not premade meals or unhealthy items like soft drinks.

WCMCA Executive Director Steve Nagle said the idea for a one-day food distribution in four West Central Minnesota communities was borrowed from a similar concept used in Alexandria. In Alexandria, one-day food distributions have been held on three occasions and was geared toward reaching people who have had a difficult time getting to an area food shelf.

"It just seemed to be a huge success and we thought it would be a good way to reach a lot of people," said Nagle.

Nagle said Horizon's III representatives from Starbuck, Hoffman, and Evansville, expressed a desire to help people who have had a difficult time accessing area food shelves that are located in another community. The concept of the food distribution is to make it easier to get donated food by bringing a one-day food shelf to a community's backyard.

While Ouverson said the goal is to help families in need, there are no income restrictions or guidelines on who can and cannot get some food during Friday's distribution.

"We are hoping people that are in need (come), but we don't differentiate," she said.

There is no charge for using Friday's food distribution in Starbuck. The food distribution from the North Country Food Bank is being paid for by funding provided to West Central MN Communities Action by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

The food distribution at the Starbuck Community Center will take place on Friday, October 30 from 2-3:30 p.m. or until the food is gone. Food will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis. Anyone who receives food is asked to bring empty boxes or baskets to bring the food home.

Volunteers are also being sought to help with the food distribution. In addition to local volunteers who will be asked to do everything from arranging food on the tables to loading bags into cars, volunteers will come from the Horizon's III Program, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program through WCMCA, and the Minnesota Department of Corrections.

At least 15-20 volunteers are needed and are being asked to be available from 12-4 p.m. Anyone who would like to volunteer is being asked to contact Gine Hagestuen at 239-2381.
North Star 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: I know were i will be on the 30th.

Post by bluegill on October 29th 2009, 2:47 pm

That is awesome, Mike!~! I sure hope you can get stocked up on things!
bluegill
Admin

Back to top Go down