BullShit Corner
Please size your photos to 640X480. Thank you very much.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullShit Corner
Please size your photos to 640X480. Thank you very much.
BullShit Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Heres The Bullshit Rules
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptySeptember 9th 2020, 8:36 pm by North Star 1

» Minnesota Weather
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 8:52 am by North Star 1

» Good Morning B.S. Corner...
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 8:42 am by North Star 1

» Ohio Weather
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyJune 6th 2010, 7:32 am by bluegill

» Jaron-pray for you
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyApril 30th 2010, 6:55 pm by North Star 1

» Kid Rock !!!
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyApril 23rd 2010, 6:25 am by bluegill

» 22-Year-Old Bird Island Man Missing Near Redwood Falls
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyApril 15th 2010, 8:29 am by bluegill

» Man dies aiding boy burned in backyard grill fire
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyApril 15th 2010, 8:26 am by bluegill

» Two Gray Wolves Slain in Northern Minn.; Federal Officials Offer $1,000 Reward
Beware of new holiday scam. EmptyApril 15th 2010, 8:25 am by bluegill

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Beware of new holiday scam.

2 posters

Go down

Beware of new holiday scam. Empty Beware of new holiday scam.

Post by North Star 1 December 14th 2009, 9:19 pm

I got this in an email and it seems like it could really happen!

Watch out for this while shopping
Check your receipts before you leave the register, no matter what
store you are in.
From a WalMart customer:
"It happened to me at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store #1279,
Eau Claire, WI 54701 ) a month ago. I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, and I glanced at my receipt as the cashier
was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She
said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor
came & said I'd have to take it. I said NO!
Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't
paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole
order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything! The second time I looked at the
electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she
deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective. Obviously
the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can
you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?
Just to alert everyone. My co- worker went to Duluth, MN Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the
cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt.
She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co- worker didn't look at
her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR
CASH BACK. My co worker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then
called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this: This is a new scam going on. The cashier
will key in that you asked for cash back and then pocket it or hand it to her friend who is the next person in
line. Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards! This is NOT
limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents.
North Star 1
North Star 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Beware of new holiday scam. Empty Re: Beware of new holiday scam.

Post by bluegill December 15th 2009, 10:12 am

I will tell you now, from experience with being a cashier at Wal-Mart. It is HIGHLY unlikely that this will happen. If it does happen, you can take the receipt up to the courtesy desk and they will take care of it. Another thing, there are cameras on at EVERY register in Wal-Mart. It would be HIGHLY unlikely that the cashier would pocket the money or give it to her friend in line. The cameras would show this. They are 160 degree cameras. IF this were to happen at Wal-Mart, I can tell you one thing, that cashier would NOT have a job for very long. They would look at the tape immediately and fire them for theft.
bluegill
bluegill
Admin

Back to top Go down