BullShit Corner
Please size your photos to 640X480. Thank you very much.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullShit Corner
Please size your photos to 640X480. Thank you very much.
BullShit Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Heres The Bullshit Rules
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptySeptember 9th 2020, 8:36 pm by North Star 1

» Minnesota Weather
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 8:52 am by North Star 1

» Good Morning B.S. Corner...
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 8:42 am by North Star 1

» Ohio Weather
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyJune 6th 2010, 7:32 am by bluegill

» Jaron-pray for you
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyApril 30th 2010, 6:55 pm by North Star 1

» Kid Rock !!!
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyApril 23rd 2010, 6:25 am by bluegill

» 22-Year-Old Bird Island Man Missing Near Redwood Falls
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyApril 15th 2010, 8:29 am by bluegill

» Man dies aiding boy burned in backyard grill fire
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyApril 15th 2010, 8:26 am by bluegill

» Two Gray Wolves Slain in Northern Minn.; Federal Officials Offer $1,000 Reward
Bryan police forced way into victim's home EmptyApril 15th 2010, 8:25 am by bluegill

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bryan police forced way into victim's home

3 posters

Go down

Bryan police forced way into victim's home Empty Bryan police forced way into victim's home

Post by bluegill December 31st 2009, 9:29 am

Folks, this is VERY close to home for me... This elderly woman only lived 1.8 miles from me. I mapped it and was going to put a copy of the map in here with this post, but can't copy it. There are a LOT of people around here that are scared as hell. We live in a town of 8,300 people. It is a small community to where a lot of people still do not lock their doors. I'm sure that their doors will be locked now though. I have never been one to leave my doors unlocked when I leave. I will also remember to lock my doors when I am home alone now also..... This is very scary and has the town in an uproar.... I will keep you updated as I find out new information on this woman.....

By CARL RYAN
BLADE STAFF WRITER

BRYAN - Officers called to check on Grace Kennedy, who is believed to be the city's first homicide victim in more than 60 years, had to force their way into the elderly woman's house, where they found her body last week, the Bryan police chief said.

Chief Jeffrey Arnold yesterday would not discuss details of what else officers found in Mrs. Kennedy's home, but said, "Just from obvious evidence at the scene, we are investigating it as a homicide."

The officers were responding to a request to check on Mrs. Kennedy at her home on the city's west side. They found her body at about 9 p.m. Wednesday in her home at 407 John St. Mrs. Kennedy, an active community volunteer, lived alone.

Chief Arnold said he has assigned Detective Colin Rose to the case full time and that the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation is processing evidence. Sergeants and shift officers are working the case as needed.

"We have not questioned any suspects, but we have done quite a few interviews," he said.

The chief said an arrest was not imminent, "unless something happens. We are hoping that with information, we will be able to develop a suspect."
Williams County Coroner Dr. Kevin Park said the preliminary autopsy findings indicated Mrs. Kennedy's death was a homicide, but he declined to release details until toxicology test results were in. The Lucas County Coroner's Office performed the autopsy.

Bryan's last murder was in 1948, when a 14-year-old boy shot to death an elderly couple who would not lend him their car, which he wanted to drive to his junior high prom.

The convicted murderer, Ervin Ingle, served time in juvenile jail and the state penitentiary before Gov. Michael V. DiSalle commuted his sentence in 1962 and he was paroled.

Bryan Councilman Mark Kelly said he has received calls about Mrs. Kennedy's case. "People are scared and upset, which is natural because this doesn't happen very often here," he said.

Mrs. Kennedy was a volunteer at St. Patrick Catholic Church and Community Hospitals and Wellness Center, where she worked in the gift shop and at the front desk.

Contact Carl Ryan at:
carlryan@theblade.com
or 419-724-6050.
bluegill
bluegill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bryan police forced way into victim's home Empty Re: Bryan police forced way into victim's home

Post by North Star 1 December 31st 2009, 10:44 am

I like how people call 8300 people a small town, the town we live by is 1240 people but we call it a village, most towns around us ain't much over 2000 people and i like it that way. Peg i would be afraid to i guess if i were use to living in a town that big, hope they get the person and i still say that she either knew the person or was even a relative of some sort. affraid
North Star 1
North Star 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bryan police forced way into victim's home Empty Re: Bryan police forced way into victim's home

Post by richardcatdaddy December 31st 2009, 4:41 pm

Mike,you live in a spot on the map.Hopefully they will get them and then give em what they need to have done to em.
richardcatdaddy
richardcatdaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by North Star 1 December 31st 2009, 11:59 pm

well we have our share of crime here for sure, we had a couple murder suicides in the last 7 years here, theft and burglary is the norm around here mostly around the lakes because there are so many. Yep i lived in the cities before had over 40,000 people i hate it with a passion and only lived there for about a year, went back to the home town with a population of 1750 people and most of them were kids. yep a village is were everyone watches everyone's kids and when ya want to go to the bar it was only a few blocks away and you could walk.
North Star 1
North Star 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluegill January 1st 2010, 9:25 am

We have a couple villages here also, Mike. I used to live in one myself. It is a nice town. Not many problems whatsoever. The police are very strict in this little town, as well as the other villages around the area. I sure hope they find the person and put them away for a LONG time.... Our little "town" does not need something like this going on here.
bluegill
bluegill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluegill January 13th 2010, 10:42 am

Coroner still waiting for toxicology results before releasing cause of death
By LYNN THOMPSON
Time Reporter
Published:
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:25 AM EST
There is no Detective Wilson in Williams County.

As the Bryan Police Department continues to investigate the death of Grace Kennedy, area law enforcement agencies have received several reports of an individual identifying him/herself as “Detective Wilson,” of the Williams County Sheriff’s Office. The individual asked residents to come to his/her office to be fingerprinted in connection with the ongoing investigation. The latest call was reported at 8:10 p.m. Sunday.

“The calls are bogus,” according to Sheriff Kevin Beck who issued a press release Monday. “There is no Detective Wilson affiliated with the Williams County Sheriff’s Office.”

Kennedy was discovered in her home Dec. 23 during a routine welfare check. Area residents and law enforcement continue to wait, for 17 days, on results of toxicology reports from an autopsy conducted by the Lucas County coroner.

Dr. Kevin Park, Williams County coroner, has not released any details of Kennedy’s death. He is awaiting the toxicology reports to make those results a matter of public record as required by law.

In the meantime, the police continue to investigate Kennedy’s death as a homicide and have called on the services of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation.

The bogus calls being investigated by the sheriff do not appear to be related to the suspected crime, Beck said.

The calls are being investigated in cooperation with telephone companies throughout northwest Ohio.

“This is a criminal offense,” he said. “If the perpetrators are caught, they will be charged.”

Anyone with information concerning this offense can call the Williams County Sheriff’s Office, 419-636-3151, 866-845-6760, or Williams County Crime Stoppers, 419-485-9302.
bluegill
bluegill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluegill January 16th 2010, 9:13 am

Kennedy was beaten

She died as result of blows to face, head, coroner says

By LYNN THOMPSON
Times Reporter
Published:
Friday, January 15, 2010 9:51 AM EST
Grace Kennedy was murdered. The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and face.

“She was struck repeatedly,” said Dr. Kevin Park, Williams County coroner, on Thursday, “and probably died within minutes. It was obviously not a natural cause.”

The 91-year-old’s body was found at 8:59 p.m. Dec. 23 in her home at 407 John St. Bryan police officers were called to conduct a wellness check when neighbors noticed newspapers collecting on her front step. He estimated the time of death to be late in the evening Dec. 22 or early morning Dec. 23, Park said.

Park and Bryan Police Chief Jeff Arnold released the information Thursday after toxicology reports from the Lucas County coroner showed no sign of drug or alcohol impairment.

“We had to be diligent and cover all the bases,” Park said. “Toxicology is an important part of explaining what happened from a medical standpoint.”

The coroner would not release information on where the body was found, pending further investigation. Nor would he divulge information on the nature of the attack or the weapon used to kill Kennedy.

When asked if it appeared to be a random act or perpetrated by someone known to the victim, Park responded, “I do not believe Bryan is any less safe than it used to be.”

He also said the police do not have a prime suspect at this point.

“She was found within hours of her death,” said Park, who was called to the scene.

Bryan police and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification continue to investigate the homicide.

“We’re doing everything we possibly can,” Arnold said of the investigation.

Evidence from the scene is being processed by the state crime lab in Bowling Green.

Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Bryan Police Department at 419-636-4233 or Williams County Crime Stoppers at 419-485-9302.

The Bryan Police Department and the family of Grace Kennedy are offering a $6,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the death of Grace Kennedy.

lthomposon@bryantimes.com
bluegill
bluegill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down